Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Corruption. Government and/or corporate. Banksters and politicians

Government and corporate corruption. Before I moved to Mexico I had heard all of the tales about official corruption here. That didn't worry me very much because I don't really have anything to tempt a thief, whether official or amatuer. I've now been here about 30 months and have not yet encountered any of the alleged corruption. I'm sure that it exists, but in socio/economic levels much above the ones I frequent.

I have a good friend, a retired businessman, who came here from the U.S. about 20 years ago and has had extensive dealings with government bureaucracies, as well as private business people. He tells me that corruption is no worse here than it is in the U.S.. It is just less expensive here.

Father's Day is creeping nearer. I already have received my first Father's Day card. A real commecially made store bought card which came by mail from a good friend in Taiwan. (Thank you Dan and family).  I wonder how many fathers will get an actual physical Father's Day card. A quick quiz. When did Father's Day officially start in the U.S.. I'll bet that no one remembers that it was Richard Nixon who declared a nation wide annual Father's Day in 1972.



No comments: